- Recovering from a Broken Partition Table
- RewriteRule in htaccess vs httpd.conf
- Running PHP through mod_fcgid
- How They Got Your Password
- Installing mod_reqtimeout on cPanel
- Following the Hacker — passwords
- Using Nginx as a reverse-proxy
- Dead-simple templates in PHP
- Tell-a-friend SPAM
- PHP mail via SMTP
The articles in this section contain step-by-step instructions on how to perform important tasks related to server management, administration, and related areas.
Recovering from a Broken Partition Table
So you lost your partition table and need to get to find the filesystem it used to contain. Now what?
RewriteRule in htaccess vs httpd.conf
Typically Apache’s RewriteRule sets from mod_rewrite go in .htaccess files, but sometimes you have a good reason to put them in your general server config instead: your httpd.conf or apache2.conf file (or a file you Include from one of those). If you’ve done this before, you’ve probably been surprised that it didn’t work quite the […]